This School Year, we will have a Second Boy join the Teenage Ranks!! Now, granted, he won't be 13 until March, but he can hardly wait! Jacob can make me laugh quicker than most, especially if he's trying hard enough. LOL!! He still loves Art, and talks about doing something that involves drawing, when he grows up. Right now, I think he's leaning toward Architecture.
My new 7th Grader is so full of love and the willingness to please those around him. I cannot wait to see where he goes in life!
Jacob will be using Easy Peasy, Math U See, Spelling U See, and CLE this year. His Spelling and Math is the same as Lane's. Makes it easier for me, when I've got two doing the same thing. So, Jacob will be doing Pre-Algebra and Americana. His CLE course is an extra Art course, since he loves it so much!
For the rest of his school work, he will be doing Easy Peasy in the 7th Level and 3rd Year. 7th Level includes his daily work and 3rd Year is where all his work is that can be combined with other grade levels.
7th Level includes:
- Spanish - This is a continuation of last year's Spanish course he took. The focus will be on learning vocabulary, comprehension, pronunciation and fluency in speech. Listening, speaking, reading and writing skills will be developed. Topics covered include: animals, places, the home, transportation, professions, celebrations, geography, adjectives, prepositions and verbs.
- Language Arts - This includes Reading, Writing, English, Vocabulary, Spelling, and Grammar. By the end of the School Year, he will be writing a Novel! He will learn how to write it, edit it, get it published, and sell it! Maybe YOU will be one of the luck ones to get a copy!! ;-) The course says he probably won't be finished with the book by the time school ends for the year, but he is to continue until he does! I can't wait to see what he writes about! He's EXTREMELY thrilled!! (can you hear the dripping sarcasm??) Actually, he's kind of excited about the prospect of getting his own work published!
- Computer Skills - Once a week, he will learn about Internet Review, Word Processing Review, Computer Graphic Design, Inkscape, and Gimp.
- Thinking Skills - Once a week, he'll be using his noggin to play strategic games! Something fun to do to each week!!
- Bible - He will be reading through the book of Luke and the poetical books of the Old Testament, then answering some questions about each passage.
- History - This year he will be doing Geography, reading Around the World in 80 Days, and learning about different countries all over the world.
- Science - He will be studying Earth Science this year.
- Music - Once a week, he will be learning about instrument families and individual instruments. He will learn about how each instrument makes music and will listen to music featuring each instrument. He will also learn about composition, instrumentation, pitch and dynamics in music. Plus, he will learn about types of instruments used around the world. This ties in with his History lessons each week. I think he will really enjoy this.
- Art - Once a week, he will make observations about work by artists from across the globe. He will look at paintings, architecture, sculptures, costumes, floats and other non-traditional art. He will draw, paint and create several projects, as well. This also ties into his History Lessons each week.
- P.E. & Health - Once a week, he will study proper nutrition and safety including fire safety and the dangers of drugs and alcohol. He will develop his strength and endurance while learning the proper way to exercise while doing soccer and volleyball drills. That should be fun....
So, that is Jacob's School Year, coming up! I can't wait to see all the fun and new things he will be learning this year!
Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that
needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.