Isn't he just too cute for words? You can just see the mischievousness dripping out of his eyeballs! LOL!!! Hard to believe this child will be 10 in a couple of months! All of my Baby Boys are growing up so fast! Do you see the confidence oozing from Blake's very pores? He is such a capable little boy! He longs to be of service and wants to be as big as the other two. He can change a tire, almost as good as his Daddy! He has such a compassionate heart, but needs to be reminded to use it now and then! He's great at building things, and has been asked to join the Homeschool Group (SCCHEA) Robotics Team, this year. He's very excited about this. At this age, there should only be two, maybe three competitions we will have to travel for. If they make it, the furthest we should have to go is Missouri. That's the International Competition, I think, so we'll wait and see..... :-) He is fearless, and will try anything I will let him try, and sometimes things I'm not exactly ready and willing for him to try. Ha!
This year, Blake is in the 3rd grade. He will be doing Easy Peasy, Math U See, and Spelling U See, just like the older boys.
For Math, he'll be focusing on Multiplication. For Spelling, he's doing the Jack and Jill Book. Easy Peasy will consist of Level 3 and 3rd Year. 3rd Year is the same as what Jacob does, just at a younger level.
For Level 3, he will be doing the following:
- Language Arts - This includes Reading, Writing, Spelling, English, Vocabulary, and Grammar. He gets to write a PLAY!
- Computer Skills - Once a week, he will be doing 12 Levels of Dance Mat Typing, Internet Safety and Safe Searching, Virus Protection and Other Security, Word Processing, Power Point, along with a few other things. Then towards the end of the year, he will play some fun Brain Teasers online.
- Thinking Skills - Once a week, it looks like he will be playing a lot of Chess! Fun!
- Bible - He will also be reading the book of Luke and the Poetry books of the Old Testament. He will then answer questions that are geared more to his age group.
- History- He will be studying Geography, but instead of reading Around the World in 80 Days, he will have a Passport and mark each county he studies all over the world. He'll have a ton of fun learning all about each country he "visits"!
- Science - He will be studying Earth Science, as well, just not to the same level as Jacob.
- Art - Once a week, he'll be doing mostly the same things as Jacob, but the projects won't be as hard. These Art Lessons tie into his History Lessons each week.
- Music - Once a week, he'll be going to a website called Young Person’s Guide to the Orchestra. Towards the end of the year, he'll begin to do the same as Jacob. His lessons will tie into the History, each week, as well.
- P.E. & Health - Once a week, he will learn about health and do exercises geared toward his age group.
I will be doing most of Blake's work with him. He hates reading, so if I didn't, he'd be all day! LOL!! So, to keep the meltdowns down to a minimum, I will be doing it with him. I'm so excited to get started and learn right along beside him! LOL!!! As a Home School Mom, I am constantly learning things with my boys. I love it! When I was younger, I wanted to be a Teacher. But, I wanted to be a Stay at Home Mom more. Now, I get to do both! How Blessed am I?!!
God Bless You all! I'll leave you with our Home School's Theme Scripture!!
6) And these words that I command you today shall be on your heart.
7)You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise.
8) You shall bind them as a sign on your hand, and they shall be as frontlets between your eyes. 9) You shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates.