Deuteronomy 6:7

And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up.

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Teaching Blake to Read

I'm so excited! I recently decided to order this book and give it a try. "Teach Your Child to Read in 100 Easy Lessons" It cost me less than $15.00. I figured that if it worked, then I just saved myself $150.00 ~ not having to buy what I'd originally considered for Blake. If it doesn't work, I'm only out less than $15.00. Sounded like a good deal to me!

Each lesson has new sounds that are introduced. The first lesson introduces the sounds of M and S. By Lesson 17, they are learning the TH sound.

As the lessons progress, they begin to read words. I like how they make the silent letters smaller that the ones that make sounds. To me, it makes it less confusng, that way.

By the end of the book, they are reading whole pages! I can' wait to get started! Blake is pretty excited, too. He wants to read so bad. LOL

I'll let you know when we get started on this. It may be a few weeks, yet. Ther is some other things that we're working on at the moment. As we progress with it, I'll post how it's going.

HAPPY HOMESCHOOLING!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment